SENDI MAHIR SDN BHD (SMSB) CALIBRATION SERVICES
Uncertainty Of Measurement
DATE for the year of 2023:
The course is based on currently accepted International documents, but the emphasis is on understanding and applying the concepts in a manner suitable for local industries. Unnecessary mathematical complexity is eliminated. Technical terms are defined and explained in simple terms.
Part I (Morning Session) 9.00 – 12.30 pm
Introduction to measurement uncertainty
- Reference standard : ISO Guide to the equipment of uncertainty in measurement
- The Requirement of ISO/IEC 17025.
Basic mathematical concepts of measurement uncertainty and evaluating the standard uncertainty
Partial Differentiation – Understanding table of student t-distribution
Basic concept of statistics for metrologists
The step to evaluate the uncertainty
- Source of uncertainty
- Model of the measurement uncertainty
- Determine the standard deviation (Std Uncertainty)
- Determine the combined standard uncertainty
- Determine the effective degrees of freedom
- Determine the expanded uncertainty
Part II (Afternoon Session) 1.30 – 4.45 pm
- Relationship between instrument tolerance,specification,error and measurement uncertainty.
- Examples of fundamental calculation of measurement uncertainty.
Part III 5.00 ~ 5.30 pm
- Questions and Answers.